Maison Rivier - Papi JeanSKU: 10ROU0003
|Wine name||Papi Jean|
|Grape varieties||Merlot, Alicante, Grenache noir, Syrah, Carignan noir, Cabernet, Sauvignon, Cinsault|
Papi Jean, a real collector's item! Every year a relative of the Rivier family is presented on this bottle with a red IGP Gard wine. This is Augustin, 1st generation.
- Light, fresh & fruity wine
- Serve between 8° and 10° C
Wine and food
- Meat: Burgers
- Meat: Sirloin steak
- Meat: BBQ
- Grenache, this grape variety that originates from Spain, but was subsequently also widely planted in France. It is often used in blending wines.
- Syrah prefers a warm climate and is a vigorous grower with good fruiting. The breed is sensitive to wind. Syrah blends wonderfully with other grape varieties. Lots of tannins, they are rich in acidity, full and powerful.
- Carignan, from Spain, is one of the world's most widely planted blue grape varieties.
- Merlot is one of the king of grapes in Bordeaux, but is also successfully grown in the Languedoc in France.
- Cinsault is a traditional Mediterranean blue grape variety. The grape is known for the crossing with the Pinot noir, from which the Pinotage originated.
- The Alicante Bouschet is a blue grape variety, with the very special characteristic that it has red flesh. This is called teinturier. It is a cross between the Grenache Noir and the Petit Bouschet.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is a red grape variety used for wine production, created by crossing Cabernet Franc with Sauvignon Blanc. The Cabernet Sauvignon is a very popular grape and gives a full flavor and a dark color. It is the most commonly used grape for red wine.